DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR NOVEMBER 20, 2021 (HARDEN NOT YOUR HEART)
Topic: “Harden Not Your Heart“
TEXT: 2 Kings 10:28-36
28. Thus Jehu destroyed Baal out of Israel.
29. Howbeit from the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin, Jehu departed not from after them, to wit, the golden calves that were in Bethel, and that were in Dan.
30. And the LORD said unto Jehu, Because thou hast done well in executing that which is right in mine eyes, and hast done unto the house of Ahab according to all that was in mine heart, thy children of the fourth generation shall sit on the throne of Israel.
31. But Jehu took no heed to walk in the law of the LORD God of Israel with all his heart; for he departed not from the sins of Jeroboam, which made Israel to sin.
32. In those days the LORD began to cut Israel short; and Hazael smote them in all the coasts of Israel;
33. From Jordan eastward, all the land of Gilead, the Gadites, and the Reubenites, and the Manassites, from Aroer, which is by the river Arnon, even Gilead and Bashan.
34. Now the rest of the acts of Jehu, and all that he did, and all his might, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?
35. And Jehu slept with his fathers; and they buried him in Samaria. And Jehoahaz his son reigned in his stead.
36. And the time that Jehu reigned over Israel in Samaria was twenty and eight years.
Key Verse: 2 Kings 10:31
“But Jehu took no heed to walk in the law of the LORD God of Israel with all his heart: for he departed not from the sins of Jeroboam, which made Israel to sin.”
DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
The heart is the most vital organ of the human body. It is used in the Bible several times to represent a person’s entire inner self including the whole of our thinking process and memory. The heart is the place where our feelings are created. From the text, Jehu was raised and anointed king for the purpose of avenging the blood of the prophets and all the servants of the Lord killed by Ahab and Jezebel (2 Kings 9:-8). This assignment, he successfully accomplished.
Afterwards, God appeared to him and promised him that his children, to the fourth generation would sit on the throne of Israel if he continued in obedience. Before his anointing as king, Jehu was a captain in the army of Israel. He was given his master’s position on a platter of gold; and had the privilege of hearing from God. Yet, he took no heed to walk in the law of the Lord with all his heart. He departed not from idolatry. Today, many resist the Spirit of God prompting them to do God’s will. They treat with contempt divine revelation and would not be guided, governed nor controlled by the word of God.
This happens because they are so negligent over the state of their hearts that it becomes so hardened and unyielding to the gospel message and the leading of the Spirit. They despise the Scripture which says, “keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life” (Proverbs 4:23). The genuine believer must be different. We must open our heart in meekness to the engrafted word of God, which is able to save our souls from the wrath to come. Resist and refuse Satan to be in charge of your heart. Let Jesus in and fill it up with regular study of the word of God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Let your heart be tender towards God and His word.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 14-17
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…