DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR JUNE 11, 2022 (TERRIBLE END FOR EVIL OFFSPRING)
TOPIC: TERRIBLE END FOR EVIL OFFSPRING “
Text: 2 Kings 11:13-21
13. And when Athaliah heard the noise of the guard and of the people, she came to the people into the temple of the LORD.
14. And when she looked, behold, the king stood by a pillar, as the manner was, and the princes and the trumpeters by the king, and all the people of the land rejoiced, and blew with trumpets; and Athaliah rent her clothes, and cried, Treason, Treason.
15. But Jehoiada the priest commanded the captains of the hundreds, the officers of the host, and said unto them, Have her forth without the ranges; and him that followeth her kill with the sword. For the priest had said, Let her not be slain in the house of the LORD.
16. And they laid hands on her; and she went by the way by the which the horses came into the king’s house; and there was she slain.
17. And Jehoiada made a covenant between the LORD and the king and the people, that they should be the LORD’S people; between the king also and the people.
18. And all the people of the land went into the house of Baal, and brake it down; his altars and his images brake they in pieces thoroughly, and slew Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars. And the priest appointed officers over the house of the LORD.
19. And he took the rulers over hundreds, and the captains, and the guard, and all the people of the land; and they brought down the king from the house of the LORD, and came by the way of the gate of the guard to the king’s house. And he sat on the throne of the kings.
20. And all the people of the land rejoiced, and the city was in quiet; and they slew Athaliah with the sword beside the king’s house.
21. Seven years old was Jehoash when he began to reign.
KEY VERSE: 2 Kings 11:20: And all the people of the land rejoiced, and the city was in quiet: and they slew Athaliah with the sword beside the king’s house.”
The end of the Second World War in 1945 was also the end of the reign of forces that brought trouble to the entire humanity. Since no wicked rule goes without due punishment, the fleeing enemies of mankind were also pursued for judgment. Some were dragged out from where they hid while others received instant recompense for their crimes. The world was only treading the path of the leaders of Judah, which once had a bad queen whose era was filled with blood and rebellion against God.
Queen Athaliah usurped authority and placed herself on the throne of David for six years, having presumably killed all the heirs. Unknown to her, the Lord kept Joash whom He finally enthroned at the age of seven. Athaliah was slain when she resisted the coronation of Joash. It was both the closure to a dark season and the end of the road for the perpetrator of idol worship.
God has also appointed a day to halt the wicked system of the world. Already, events are moving fast to that day, given the fulfilment of prophecy day by day. Just as the Lord enforced the provisions of the covenant, in due course, He will also move against the antichrist order of this age and all those aiding it.
There will be damnable end for those who would remain in their ungodly acts. Their evil offspring, like Athaliah the offspring of two devilish parents, Ahab and Jezebel, will also be judged if they fail to flee from the wrath to come. The Lord is still waiting for those who will come to Him in genuine repentance to avoid a terrible end.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Choose between the fleeting joy of the world and the fulfilling joy of heaven.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 13-17
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.