DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 25, 2022 (REWARDED ACCORDINGLY)
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 25th February 2022 Is “Rewarded Accodingly “
Text: Isaiah 3:1-12
1. For, behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water,
2. The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient,
3. The captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counsellor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator.
4. And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.
5. And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour; the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.
6. When a man shall take hold of his brother of the house of his father, saying, Thou hast clothing, be thou our ruler, and let this ruin be under thy hand;
7. In that day shall he swear, saying, I will not be an healer; for in my house is neither bread nor clothing; make me not a ruler of the people.
8. For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen; because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, to provoke the eyes of his glory.
9. The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.
10. Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him; for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
11. Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him; for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
12. As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
KEY VERSE: Isaiah 3:10,11
“Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings. Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.”
DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY
Living right and being obedient elevate one to the top. Sin and disobedience bring one down from that height into a disgraceful level. Jerusalem and Judah came under divine judgment because of backsliding and idolatry.
Why the judgment? Jerusalem and Judah refused the words of God and removed the ancient landmarks; their tongue and their doings were against the Lord, to “provoke the eyes of his glory” (Isaiah 3:8). Therefore, they brought evil unto themselves. The Lord rewarded them accordingly: to the righteous – wellness and fruitfulness; and to the sinner – illness and trouble.
Backsliding attracts divine chastisement. If you are going through the wilderness experience: feeling abandoned; the joy of service gone and no answers to your prayers, you need to do a self-examination. Judah thought they were doing evil unto the Lord, but the evil was unto themselves. They suffered defeat because they became independent of God and took His law as a strange thing. If you have become independent of God and rendering carnal worship and service, you have to return to Him as quickly as possible and avoid divine wrath.
To return is easy. Take God’s word serious again. Go back to Calvary and the mercy seat to obtain help for restoration. Remove all strange gods that hindered your understanding and obedience of God’s word. He will turn His face again to you and you shall be restored and blessed.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The path of obedience is the most delightful road to walk in.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 5-7
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…
Leave a Reply