DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 24, 2022 (CARING FOR THE BRETHREN)
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 24th February 2022 Is “Caring For The Brethren “
Text: 1 Corinthians 12:12-31
12. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ.
13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14. For the body is not one member, but many.
15. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16. And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17. If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18. But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19. And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20. But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee; nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary;
23. And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24. For our comely parts have no need; but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked;
25. That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
30. Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
31. But covet earnestly the best gifts; and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
KEY VERSE: 1 Corinthians 12:13
“For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”
DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY
The human body has many parts. The visible ones include the legs, arms, eyes and so on. There are others, which we cannot see like the heart, liver, kidneys, intestines, etc. Though different in their various functions, they are all coordinated and supportive of one another. None of them can be independent of others. God has so crafted the human body that there is no schism among them.
The body of Christ, the Church, is likened to the human body. With various members of different backgrounds and skills, they are supposed to work together and support one another to fulfil the will of Christ, the Head of the body.
The Church of Christ should be a place of refuge, rest and renewal, where the believer should have peace and assurance that all shall be well, irrespective of the challenges he may be facing. The psalmist said, “I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD” (Psalm 122:1). As each member of the human body concentrates on its function and does it effectively, so must every member of the body of Christ exist for the good and upliftment of one another to the glory of God.
Every believer must find out his calling and fit in for the good of all. Our work in the church must not be to pull down others, criticise or fight one another. Rather, we should “follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another” (Romans 14:19). Are you contributing your quota towards the building of the body of Christ?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Together, everyone achieves more.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Corinthians 1-4
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…