DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 17, 2022 (GOD DEFENDS HIS OWN)
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 17th February 2022 Is “God Defends His Own “
Text: Exodus 8:16-24
16. And the LORD said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch out thy rod, and smite the dust of the land, that it may become lice throughout all the land of Egypt.
17. And they did so; for Aaron stretched out his hand with his rod, and smote the dust of the earth, and it became lice in man, and in beast; all the dust of the land became lice throughout all the land of Egypt.
18. And the magicians did so with their enchantments to bring forth lice, but they could not; so there were lice upon man, and upon beast.
19. Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God; and Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.
20. And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh; lo, he cometh forth to the water; and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me.
21. Else, if thou wilt not let my people go, behold, I will send swarms of flies upon thee, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thy houses; and the houses of the Egyptians shall be full of swarms of flies, and also the ground whereon they are.
22. And I will sever in that day the land of Goshen, in which my people dwell, that no swarms of flies shall be there; to the end thou mayest know that I am the LORD in the midst of the earth.
23. And I will put a division between my people and thy people; to morrow shall this sign be.
24. And the LORD did so; and there came a grievous swarm of flies into the house of Pharaoh, and into his servants’ houses, and into all the land of Egypt; the land was corrupted by reason of the swarm of flies.
KEY VERSE: Exodus 8:22
“And I will sever in that day the land of Goshen, in which my people dwell, that no swarms of flies shall be there; to the end thou mayest know that I am the LORD in the midst of the earth.”
Click here to read yesterday teaching by Pastor Kumuyi
DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY
The Bible is replete with ordinary folks who got elevated to positions of authority and who ironically arrogated such pre-eminence to themselves. One of such is Pharaoh of Egypt in the days of Moses. He became so deluded that he thought he was superior to the Almighty. It is always amusing to witness the way God demystifies arrogant and stubborn men, and proves to all that He is the Lord without an equal.
The passage today describes the release of the third and fourth plagues over the land of Egypt. The third plague turned dust into lice, which attacked both man and beast. Pharaoh’s magicians attempted to enchant something similar but they could not. This confirmed to Pharaoh that it was the handiwork of God. Yet Pharaoh hardened his heart, which prompted the fourth plague – the release of grievous swarm of flies all over Egypt. But in Goshen where the Israelites dwelt, God made a demarcation that not one single fly was found there. This was to prove to Pharaoh and Egypt that God defends His own.
We should not doubt the ability of the Almighty to save to the uttermost and to frustrate those who rise against us. God truly has the capacity to give light in a particular place and darkness in another. He can do anything to protect and defend His chosen ones.
God still defends His people today. Even when it seems the devil and his cohorts are gaining the upper hand and the children of God are losing out, our heavenly Father will move swiftly to crush the enemy and reverse the trend.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
If God be for us, who can be against us?
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…