Topic: THE NAME ABOVE EVERY NAME
TEXT: Revelation 19:11-16
11. And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood; and his name is called The Word of God.
14. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations; and he shall rule them with a rod of iron; and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Key Verse: Revelation 19:16
“And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
The almighty God had promised Abraham that kings would come from him. Saul, the first king of Israel, was chosen obviously in fulfilment of this promise because hitherto God had directly governed Israel. David was clearly God’s choice to be the next king and the hereditary kingship therefore started with him and from him would descend Jesus Christ our Lord.
A king’s span of authority does not normally go beyond a specific territory, region, state or nation. But the King in our text is certainly unique. He has been “given… a name which is above every name:That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth.” John the beloved saw heaven opened and Jesus appeared, this time not as a lamb but as a warrior on a white horse, symbolising victory. This refers to a future time when the Church would have been taken at rapture to heaven.
In His first appearance, Jesus came as a Lamb and brought forgiveness of sin. But in His second coming, He will come as a Judge of the whole earth. Then, the battle line will be drawn between evil and righteousness, between God and Satan. Christ will come as a Warrior-Messiah to establish truth and justice worldwide, with righteousness dominating the planet.
Jesus is called by various names – the Faithful and True, the Word of God, the King of kings and Lord of lords. All earthly kings and leaders are His subjects. Indeed, Jesus our Lord is the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The name of Jesus is above all names.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 5-7
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More..