CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL October 6, 2021 (BECOMING A BETTER YOU (I))
TOPIC: BECOMING A BETTER YOU (I)
Ezekiel 36:26-27 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Everyone wants to be better, although they find it difficult to follow the path to change. Change doesn’t start and reach its peak in just a day. Jesus wants us to be better and be at our best, but the decision to is left to us. Becoming better is a continuous process that starts from somewhere. Start now. The following steps will help you become a better you:
1. Acknowledge that you can’t change by your own strength. The first step to becoming a better person is to stop trying to become better on your own. You can’t change other people, and by yourself, you can’t change your nature. Of course, the more you try to save your life, the more you will lose it (Matt. 16:24-26; cf. 11:28-30). Come to Jesus for help. Why stressing yourself when God is readily available to help you?
2. Be determined to change. After you have discovered who you are from God’s Word, be determined to change. Determination is very important in every decision we make. Yes, God is readily available to help and strengthen us, but that doesn’t remove the part we must play. God is doing His part; be determined to do yours too. One of the things we need to do with all determination is to repent, i.e. turning and seeing things from God’s perspective. It isn’t just to be sorry for sin. It means seeing things differently.
The Bible says that repentance and faith in Jesus will result in real change, a new life in Christ (Rom. 6:23). When you choose to make Jesus the Lord/Master of your life, God forgives you your sin and begins His restoration process in you (Cf. 2 Cor. 5:17).
Come to Jesus today, follow Him, and He will make you a better you.
1. Father, break me and reshape me to who and what You want.
2. I call upon the Spirit of the Living God to possess me, in Jesus’ name.
3. Pray for our children who are in higher institutions of learning to be more focused on becoming better spiritually and academically for glorious future.