CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL March 6, 2022 (IS YOUR TREASURE IN HEAVEN?)
TOPIC: IS YOUR TREASURE IN HEAVEN?
Read Job 22:21-25
MEMORISE: So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me” (Luke 18:22)
One of the friends that sympathised with Job during his ordeals, Eliphaz the Temanite, believed that Job was suffering because he had sinned in terrible ways. Today’s dose of the Living Water tries to examine the advice Eliphaz gave Job in Job 22:21-30, and see how it is applicable to us, today.
It is obvious that Eliphaz’s advice did not represent Job’s condition, because his suggestions, as good as they were, and applicable as they are to us today, were far from why Job suffered. Job’s sufferings were not the consequences of his sins. It is obvious that God was proud of Job and wanted to boast about him before the devil. Eliphaz’s candid advice remains a wonderful opinion that can guarantee life, peace and prosperity, even up to eternal bliss:
1. Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you (v. 21 NLT). By surrendering everything–your life, manpower, money, and materials–to Him, you stand in the vantage position to enjoy His immediate and eternal blessings (cf. Prov. 10:22);
2. Listen to God’s instruction and store them in your heart (v. 22 NLT). Receiving, retaining and obeying God’s Word is the key to true prosperity in life (cf. 1 Sam. 15:22ff);
3. If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored (v. 23 NLT). Repentance is key to restoration. God’s blessings awaits the truly penitent.
4. If you give up your lust for money and throw your precious gold into the river the Almighty Himself will be your treasure (vv. 24,25a NLT). This may be very difficult to do because of how people value gold. Nonetheless, no gold or any other precious gem can be as valuable as God, talk less of being more (cf. Lk. 18:22,23).
‘…Take delight in the Almighty and look up to God’ (v. 26 NLT). This is how you can make God your treasure.
1. O Lord, open my eyes to those things I still lack in relation to You and heaven, and help me to make amends, before it is too late.
2. O Lord, let the love for worldly gains not push me away from You; help me to seek to make You my treasure.
3. Pray that the passion for worldly pursuit should die in the hearts of our teeming Christian youths, in Jesus’ name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 23 – 26
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE