CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR FEBRUARY 10, 2022 ( REDIRECT YOUR FOCUS)
Thursday, February 10, 2022.
TOPIC: REDIRECT YOUR FOCUS
Read Numbers 21:9; Hebrews 12:2
9 So Moses made a bronze serpent, and put it on a pole; and so it was, if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived.
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed (Psalms 34:5)
Every Athlete in a replay race understands the fact that you don’t look sideways to win on the track. The finishing line is always the hallmark and focal point of every runner. Life is exactly like that, and the Christian journey isn’t exempted. To finish well and receive the prize of the upward calling, you have to be focused, avoiding every distraction. Whatever takes your attention takes your strength and energy, hence the need to understand the importance of redirecting your focus to hit the right target, always.
Jesus our Lord did not allow His attention to be shifted away from the cross (Heb. 12:2). He endured the shame, and faced the Cross, so that He could receive the joy set before Him. Thank God, He succeeded, and we are eternally celebrating Him as the Author and the Finisher of our faith (Heb. 12:2).
As a child of God, you must be focused in whatever you are doing. Most especially, you must look unto Jesus the Author and the Finisher of our faith, and never allow anything to distract you from focusing on Him. Nothing in this world is worth looking unto than Jesus, the express image of God. The Bible makes it very clear that the unspeakably glorious Light of God radiantly lightens those who look to Him, and as such, can never be ashamed (Psa. 34:5). Today’s text simply tells us the significance and some benefits of focusing on Jesus:
1. You live: Those who looked up to the bronze serpent (type of Jesus on the cross Jn. 3:14) in the wilderness escaped the fiery serpents (Num. 21:9). Only Jesus Christ has life in abundance (Jn. 10:10; Acts 4:12).
2. You are enlightened: The world is engulfed in darkness. Only those who abide in Jesus have the Light of Life.
3. You are not ashamed: Jesus faced the shame for you, and was victorious. You don’t have to face shame again. Jesus settled all, long ago. You meet the target.
1. Lord, help me to be more focused on You, and You alone.
2. Lord, deliver me from the distractions that the devil is putting in place to get my attention away from You.
3. Pray for our youths that God should imbue in them the grace of patience that would not make them miss God’s best for their lives.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Leviticus 24 – 25
HAVE A REMARKABLE THURSDAY………………SHALOM