CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL DECEMBER 8, 2021. (A NEW MAN (I))
TOPIC: A NEW MAN (I)
Read Colossians 3:1-3
1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
MEMORISE: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new (2 Corinthians 5:17)
We meet new faces through different means at church, workplace, in a learning environment, and many other places. Having been in relationship with different kinds of people through different encounters, there are few people whose lifestyle seem different from others, for some reasons. That is where the idea of newness comes from. There is always a unique virtue in every man, but there are few related signs that one way or the other differentiates the category each man belongs to – good or bad. There are factors that surround the kind of person you are, and these can only be seen in your character.
Every man is good from creation, but we chose what kind of character we portray, and that distinguishes us from others. Our character can be reshaped through self-denial following genuine salvation. In lieu of this, Apostle Paul writes the Colossian Church on what the life of a new man should look like. A new man is one who has died and resurrected with Christ Jesus, and is now living the life of Christ, Gal. 2:20. Paul further explains the God-expected characteristics, and that, we are discussing here:
1. A new man seeks what is above, never minding what he has achieved or what his personal pursuits are (Phil. 3:7ff). He seeks a moment when he will be with the Lord eternally. He will not let the material things of this world drive his character Col. 3:1.
2. A new man sets his mind on what is above. Learns to invest on the gospel; proclaiming the good news, in order to have investment with Christ. The second simplest way to know a new man is by their attitude towards the things of God. A new man prioritizes God in all things.
3. A new man’s life is hidden in God (v. 3). A man who has died and resurrected with Christ Jesus will have his life in God’s hand, because his name must have been written in the book of life.
It is expected of every man to give his life to Christ now, to have good investment in Heaven. This life is for a while but the eternal life is of no limit. Give your life to Jesus Christ, now, and be a new man.
1. O Lord, grant me the grace to always seek what is above.
2. Father, help me to always make You my priority in life, in all things.
3. Lord, make our churches producer of positively changed people, new in Christ.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:
Dan. 2:1 – 3:14; 1 Jn 5:15 – 5:21; 2 Jn 1:1 – 1:13; 3 Jn 1:1 – 1:1
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE