TOPIC: THE POWER OF GOD FOR SALVATION
TEXT: Romans 1:1-17(NKJV)
1. Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called [to be] an apostle, separated to the gospel of God
2. which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures,
3. concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,
4. [and] declared [to be] the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.
5. Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name,
6. among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
7. To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called [to be] saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
9. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers,
10. making request if, by some means, now at last I may find a way in the will of God to come to you.
11. For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established —
12. that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
13. Now I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that I often planned to come to you (but was hindered until now), that I might have some fruit among you also, just as among the other Gentiles.
14. I am a debtor both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to wise and to unwise.
15. So, as much as is in me, [I am] ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also.
16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
17. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”
In our reading today, Paul made it clear that the gospel is the power of God for salvation. Humanity must know this. Salvation of a soul is very crucial to God-it’s the heartbeat of God – in fact, the greatest miracle! Preaching in any other religion cannot save any soul. The gospel of the resurrected Jesus Christ only, can save; the only name The power of salvation produces the new birth, impacts grace, establishes one in the Faith, generates faith, sets one free from bondage of Satan, nourishes spiritual life, cleanses the church, searches the heart, makes one a partaker of Christ, impacts immortality, brings peace and gives protection as well as fullness of blessings.
This is the power to walk in power. We must not associate ourselves with the power of darkness. We, therefore, must not be ashamed of the gospel, for in it, the righteousness of God is revealed through faith for faith. It pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe – Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God (1 Cor. 1:21-24).
Prayer: O God, help me to preach the Gospel in season and out of season in Jesus ‘Name. Amen.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 13th September 2021 – The Power of God For Salvation. God bless you!