TOPIC: OUR REDEMPTION IS FREE
TEXT: Romans 3:21-31(NKJV)
21. But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22. even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23. for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24. being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25. whom God set forth [as] a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
26. to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
27. Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.
28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.
29. Or [is He] the God of the Jews only? [Is He] not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also,
30. since [there is] one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
31. Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.
God set in order the redemption of man and the only thing required is faith – believe! Redemption is for everyone irrespective of tribe, race, gender or age. It is free, yes salvation is free! Man is justified freely by God’s grace through the redemption in Christ which can be appropriated by faith.
All have sinned, yes all! And we bring absolutely nothing to our salvation. It is by grace, that is to say that nothing we did qualified or earned us justification!
By dying on the cross, Jesus shed his blood to appease God for the sin of man through Adam and also as the ransom (the full payment) for the sin of the world. We are now not debtors but free and adjudged righteous because of what Christ did! This is the crux of the gospel as set in order by God.
Only this truth applied through faith in Christ Jesus can set anyone free from sin and condemnation unto life in Christ and eternal life hereafter. So receive Jesus by believing. He died for your redemption.
PRAYER: Lord, I come to you believing and confessing Your salvation through my Lord Jesus Christ. Let all who do not know this truth come to the knowledge and be set free indeed from the bondage of sin and hell, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 22 September 2021 | Our Redemption Is Free.