TOPIC: WORSHIPPING GOD IN IGNORANCE AND DISOBEDIENCE DESTROYS
TEXT: John 9:28-41(NKJV)
28. Then they reviled him and said, “You are His disciple, but we are Moses’ disciples.
29. “We know that God spoke to Moses; [as for] this [fellow,] we do not know where He is from.”
30. The man answered and said to them, “Why, this is a marvelous thing, that you do not know where He is from; yet He has opened my eyes!
31. “Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.
32. “Since the world began it has been unheard of that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind.
33. “If this Man were not from God, He could do nothing.”
34. They answered and said to him, “You were completely born in sins, and are you teaching us?” And they cast him out.
35. Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of God?”
36. He answered and said, “Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?”
37. And Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.”
38. Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.
39. And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.”
40. Then [some] of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, “Are we blind also?”
41. Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.
The healing of a man born blind by Jesus sparked off questions from the Jews due to unbelief and ignorance. In today’s reading, the Jews expressed their ignorance and blindness of where the great Healer- Jesus came from. No wonder they had no regard for Him nor obeyed Him. To the healed man, this was a marvel. To worship God with zeal, yet without knowledge of Him, is very destructive and dangerous. Spiritually, anyone who does this is blind and dangles in unbelief- his guilt remains!
Encouragement for Today 9th September 2021: Who Decides What Is Hard?
To believe in God goes with a genuine worship of the same God. This worship is based on doing God’s words. “If anyone is a worshipper of God and does His will, God listens to him” (Jn. 9:31). Jesus made it clear to the Samaritan woman that the Jews worshipped what they did not know. This is the problem of many today. It still remains a marvel today that many worship God under God’s anger due to their deliberate disobedience.
Deliberate disobedience will bring the execution of definite destruction. Simply obey and strictly apply God’s words, then will you worship God in the beauty of His holiness, in spirit and truth (I Sam. 15:22). Obedience is better than sacrifice; rebellion is as sin of divination. Be a true worshipper of God with good deeds. This is the kind of worship that goes with the fear of God.
Prayer: Help us, O God, to keep and obey Your words and to press on to know You more in Jesus ‘Name. Amen.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 11 September 2021 – Worshipping God In Ignorance and Disobedience Destroys. God bless you!