TOPIC: FREED FROM A LIFE OF SIN
TEXT: Romans 6:1-14(NKJV)
1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
2. Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?
3. Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
4. Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be [in the likeness] of [His] resurrection,
6. knowing this, that our old man was crucified with [Him,] that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7. For he who has died has been freed from sin.
8. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
9. knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.
10. For [the death] that He died, He died to sin once for all; but [the life] that He lives, He lives to God.
11. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
13. And do not present your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness to God.
14. For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
Anglican Daily Fountain 28th September 2021 | STUDY:
If the dead be deadly, the sinner sinful, then those who are alive in Christ should live like Christ. There is no controversy about the Christian way of life. When we were in sin, we were miserable, sinful, condemned and under the influence of the nature of sin. So it was natural for us to use and submit ourselves as instruments of unrighteousness. If then we died to sin just as Jesus died), and are raised with Him unto righteousness, ought not our lives to show that sin has no dominion over us?
If we truly are regenerated by grace when we believed, then there is a new life we ought to live. Therefore, it is important to note that the grace that saved us is effective to keep us from sin. We must be alive unto God- nothing less is required! The teaching that removes living like Christ from the work of grace is a heresy. Anyone who continually lives in sin even after believing, will surely die.
Our salvation is to be like Jesus and having Him as our Lord- Master over all our actions within and without, visible and invisible. Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be destroyed, henceforth, we should not serve sin. We must willingly submit daily to Jesus’ rulership and follow Him unto every good works here on earth and hereafter in eternal life.
Prayer: O Lord, give me boldness to speak the Gospel, live the Gospel and teach the Gospel. Let heresies be overthrown by my life and words and deeds. Amen.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 28 September 2021 | Freed From A Life of Sin.