TOPIC: APPRECIATE YOUR CO-WORKERS
TEXT: Romans 16:1-16(NKJV)
1. I commend to you Phoebe our sister, who is a servant of the church in Cenchrea,
2. that you may receive her in the Lord in a manner worthy of the saints, and assist her in whatever business she has need of you; for indeed she has been a helper of many and of myself also.
3. Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus,
4. who risked their own necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
5. Likewise [greet] the church that is in their house. Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia to Christ.
6. Greet Mary, who labored much for us.
7. Greet Andronicus and Junia, my countrymen and my fellow prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
8. Greet Amplias, my beloved in the Lord.
9. Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and Stachys, my beloved.
10. Greet Apelles, approved in Christ. Greet those who are of the [household] of Aristobulus.
11. Greet Herodion, my countryman. Greet those who are of the [household] of Narcissus who are in the Lord.
12. Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, who have labored in the Lord. Greet the beloved Persis, who labored much in the Lord.
13. Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine.
14. Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren who are with them.
15. Greet Philologus and Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints who are with them.
16. Greet one another with a holy kiss. The churches of Christ greet you.
STUDY: From our passage today, we see Apostle Paul’s love and affection for other believers and co-workers. The passage also explains the lives of the first-century Christians as well as builds an understanding of the nature and character of the early Church.
Paul considers Phoebe as a member of God’s family and as a servant of the church who would minister to the Church at Rome as she did for others. He also sent special greetings and appreciation to many believers in the Church at Rome for the grace of God extended to him, and the support for the success of his ministry. It is therefore important to know that God has called you as a believer to be useful in the spread of the good news to the world.
We are to come together to serve, assist, accommodate others and be available for God in the works of ministry. The early Church was known for their dedication and sincerity to service, so, we as the Church of today must also do more than they did, for a day is coming when Heaven will appreciate our ministerial sacrifices, if we do not weary.
PRAYER: Father make me a vessel of the good news in this generation through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen