TOPIC: STRIVE IN PRAYERS FOR SPIRITUAL LEADERS
TEXT: Romans 15:22-33(NKJV)
22. For this reason I also have been much hindered from coming to you.
23. But now no longer having a place in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come to you,
24. whenever I journey to Spain, I shall come to you. For I hope to see you on my journey, and to be helped on my way there by you, if first I may enjoy your [company] for a while.
25. But now I am going to Jerusalem to minister to the saints.
26. For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.
27. It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things.
28. Therefore, when I have performed this and have sealed to them this fruit, I shall go by way of you to Spain.
29. But I know that when I come to you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
30. Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me,
31. that I may be delivered from those in Judea who do not believe, and that my service for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints,
32. that I may come to you with joy by the will of God, and may be refreshed together with you.
33. Now the God of peace [be] with you all. Amen.
STUDY: The word ‘strive’ means to make strenuous and persistent effort in order to achieve a set goal or result. Apostle Paul, in the latter chapter of today’s passage, passionately pleaded with the brethren to strive with him in prayers. He went further to state the prayer points which included: That he may be delivered from unbelievers in Judaea; that his service which he had for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints; that he may come to them with joy by the will of God, and may with them be refreshed.
The phrase chosen by Apostle Paul ‘strive together with’ suggests a concerted and persistent prayer back up. Being a prayer warrior himself, he realised that there was need for brethren to support him in prayers. If there was any time we needed to pray for our missionaries and preachers of the gospel, the time is now! The prayer points raised by Paul are very relevant and needed today.
We need to pray for them to be delivered from evil plots of unbelievers; pray for their ministries to be accepted and for them to have joy in full. Spiritual leaders are prone to attack, thus, they face a lot of risks and dangers. Your prayer support is needed to sustain them in the good job of proclaiming the gospel. How ready are you?
PRAYER: Almighty God, grant me an undying passion to intercede for spiritual leaders in Jesus’ Name. Amen
Anglican Daily Fountain 12 October 2022 Wednesday | Strive In Prayers For…..