ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR OCTOBER 11, 2022 (BREAK NEW GROUND)
TOPIC: BREAK NEW GROUND
TEXT: Romans 15:14-21(NKJV)
14. Now I myself am confident concerning you, my brethren, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
15. Nevertheless, brethren, I have written more boldly to you on [some] points, as reminding you, because of the grace given to me by God,
16. that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
17. Therefore I have reason to glory in Christ Jesus in the things [which pertain] to God.
18. For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not accomplished through me, in word and deed, to make the Gentiles obedient —
19. in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
20. And so I have made it my aim to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build on another man’s foundation,
21. but as it is written: “To whom He was not announced, they shall see; And those who have not heard shall understand.”
STUDY: Apostle Paul spoke confidently and glowingly of his ministry to the gentiles. He testified that through the power of the Holy Spirit, great signs and wonders were recorded in his missionary works. He felt so fulfilled that he was able to fully preach the gospel with great impact and result.
In his remarks, he made it known that he strived not to preach the gospel where Christ was named (Rom. 15:20), because he did not want to build upon another man’s foundation. What a great man Apostle Paul was! His interest and desire was to reach the unreached with the good news of the kingdom. His passion was to break new grounds (new converts) for God.
Snatching of members to swell membership, as is the practice in most cases today, was foreign to Apostle Paul. It is a common experience in the present dispensation to see many churches in a street in metropolitan cities and even villages who have never believed the gospel. God wants you to reach out and break new grounds for Him. He expects you to invest your material and non-material resources to spread the gospel to lands where the good news has not reached. He is counting on you. Please arise and do the needful!
PRAYER: Heavenly Father, open my eyes to see new grounds to cover for you, and grant me courage to launch out in Jesus’ Name. Amen
Anglican Daily Fountain 11 October 2022 Tuesday | Break New Ground