ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JULY 27, 2022 (LET US PRAISE THE LORD)
TOPIC : LET US PRAISE THE LORD
Read: Psalm 148:1-14(NKJV)
1. Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights!
2. Praise Him, all His angels; Praise Him, all His hosts!
3. Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light!
4. Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, And you waters above the heavens!
5. Let them praise the name of the LORD, For He commanded and they were created.
6. He also established them forever and ever; He made a decree which shall not pass away.
7. Praise the LORD from the earth, You great sea creatures and all the depths;
8. Fire and hail, snow and clouds; Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;
9. Mountains and all hills; Fruitful trees and all cedars;
10. Beasts and all cattle; Creeping things and flying fowl;
11. Kings of the earth and all peoples; Princes and all judges of the earth;
12. Both young men and maidens; Old men and children.
13. Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory [is] above the earth and heaven.
14. And He has exalted the horn of His people, The praise of all His saints — Of the children of Israel, A people near to Him. Praise the LORD!
STUDY: Today we commemorate the anniversary of the Church Missionary Society (CMS). We should be able to praise God for this Society considering how God used her to reach the unreached through her missionary work in Africa, particularly Nigeria. So, it is a good thing to praise the Lord for the great things He accomplished for the global Church through the missionary enadeavours of the CMS. In verses 1-4 of our text, the heavens and the angels are called upon to praise the Lord.
Even the sun, moon and stars of light are included in this summons. In verses 7-12, the sea creatures, deep, fire and hail, snow and clouds, stormy wind, mountains and hills, old men, children and all other created things are called to praise the Lord. Brethren, this is an open invitation to everybody to praise the Lord, because He is worthy of our praise. Our attitude at all times should be that of praising the Lord for who He is and many wonders of His hands.
This is our own time here on this side of eternity and we need to use it judiciously in praising God at all times. Praising God should not only be in the Church on Sunday; God is good to us at all times not only on Sunday. The created things in the heavens and on the earth should praise God every time. You are God’s own image – praise Him always!
PRAYER: I will bless the Lord at all times.
The Anglican Communion is the fourth-largest Christian denomination. Founded in 1867 in London, England, the communion currently has 85 million members within the Church of England and other national and regional churches in full communion.