ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JULY 17, 2022 (TRANSFORMATION BY RENEWAL OF THE MIND)
TOPIC : ”TRANSFORMATION BY RENEWAL OF THE MIND”
Read: Romans 12:1-8(NKJV)
1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, [which is] your reasonable service.
2. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what [is] that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
3. For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
4. For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function,
5. so we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.
6. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, [let us use them:] if prophecy, [let us prophesy] in proportion to our faith;
7. or ministry, [let us use it] in [our] ministering; he who teaches, in teaching;
8. he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
STUDY: Our reading today confronts us with the charge of presenting our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable unto God. Sacrifice here refers to the conscious act of doing all that we do for Christ Jesus and to the glory of God. This is possible by a continuous renewal of our mind. In other words, we must get our minds refreshed and re-empowered. This exercise includes daily fellowship with the Lord in His word, prayers and obedience. Beloved, as we fellowship with God daily, we become more like Him. Our constant fellowship draws us closer to Him and away from sin and pollutions of the world.
In other words, the nearer we are to God, the farther we are from sin. We become transformed daily into his likeness from one level of glory to another. Any failure to fellowship with Him will not allow our minds to get renewed. When our minds are renewed, our worship will be acceptable unto the Lord. We must note that it is at the place of renewal of our minds that our spiritual weaknesses are turned to strength and our failures to successes.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, give me grace to constantly fellowship with you so that my mind will always be renewed, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
The Anglican Communion is the fourth-largest Christian denomination. Founded in 1867 in London, England, the communion currently has 85 million members within the Church of England and other national and regional churches in full communion.