ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 29, 2023 (ACCEPTABLE WORSHIP)
TOPIC : ”ACCEPTABLE WORSHIP”
TEXT: John 4:19-26(NKJV)
19. The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.
20. “Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you [Jews] say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”
21. Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22. “You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.
23. “But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24. “God [is] Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
25. The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”
26. Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am [He.”]
Just like many people today, the Samaritan woman worshipped in ignorance; she worshipped what she did not know (v.22).
Jesus told her that the time has come when people will worship the Father in spirit and in truth because God is Spirit and those who worship Him should do so in spirit and in truth.
The woman mentioned about the coming of the Messiah and Jesus revealed Himself to her. True worship must be God-centered through Jesus, as revealed in the Scripture (John 14:6).
Despite the fact that the Samaritan woman was a sinner, Jesus out of love, still revealed Himself to her. Do not ever gamble with divine worship; else you will regret it eternally.
No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, you can still turn back to God.
Do not worship God in error; it is better to worship Him with knowledge.
Take the first step to get a personal knowledge of Christ. Through him, you can worship God in Spirit and truth.
You will be blessed by this revelation if you do so. From today, let the beauty of Jesus be seen in your life as you worship God in Spirit and truth.
PRAYER: Dear Jesus, come and reign in my life and lead me to render acceptable worship to God.
The Anglican Communion is the fourth-largest Christian denomination. Founded in 1867 in London, England, the communion currently has 85 million members within the Church of England and other national and regional churches in full communion.
Leave a Reply