ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR JANUARY 11, 2023 (IT IS SETTLED)
TOPIC : ” IT IS SETTLED”
TEXT: Genesis 17: 1-23(NKJV)
1. When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, “I [am] Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.
2. “And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.”
3. Then Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying:
4. “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.
5. “No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you a father of many nations.
6. “I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you.
7. “And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you.
8. “Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”
9. And God said to Abraham: “As for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations.
10. “This [is] My covenant which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: Every male child among you shall be circumcised;
11. “and you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between Me and you.
12. “He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised, every male child in your generations, he who is born in your house or bought with money from any foreigner who is not your descendant.
13. “He who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money must be circumcised, and My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
14. “And the uncircumcised male child, who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant.”
15. Then God said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but Sarah [shall be] her name.
16. “And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be [a mother of] nations; kings of peoples shall be from her.”
17. Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall [a child] be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear [a child?”]
18. And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!”
19. Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, [and] with his descendants after him.
20. “And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.
21. “But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year.”
22. Then He finished talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.
23. So Abraham took Ishmael his son, all who were born in his house and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham’s house, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskins that very same day, as God had said to him.
In the estimation of men, Abram was childless, but in God’s assessment, he was the father of many nations (v.5). Do not allow your present predicaments to cover your vision and hope for a better tomorrow.
When Abram was 99, God appeared to him again and told him to walk before Him and be blameless.
Abram’s name was changed from Abram to Abraham by God, in order to make him fit into the new level God had put him. God equally gave him assurance of his covenant with him and his generations.
Circumcision of males would be the sign and God promised that Sarah would bear a son called Isaac.
God makes everything beautiful in its own time. For 24 years, He allowed Abram to bear the name Abram and changed it to Abraham (father of many)
when it was right time. God will not allow you to be put to shame; your present challenges will soon turn to testimonies! Only resolve to walk with God and be blameless.
Put your life in order as you wait for Him. You will soon begin to experience lasting peace, joy, and fulfilled life expectations.
PRAYER: I thank you Father in anticipation of answered prayers for those challenges facing me.
The Anglican Communion is the fourth-largest Christian denomination. Founded in 1867 in London, England, the communion currently has 85 million members within the Church of England and other national and regional churches in full communion.