ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL 29TH MAY 2022 (END TIME EVENTS)
TOPIC: ”End Time Events”
Read: Revelation 14:1-13(NKJV)
1. Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred [and] forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads.
2. And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps.
3. They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred [and] forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth.
4. These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from [among] men, [being] firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.
5. And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6. Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth — to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people —
7. saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”
8. And another angel followed, saying, “Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.”
9. Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives [his] mark on his forehead or on his hand,
10. “he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
11. “And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”
12. Here is the patience of the saints; here [are] those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
13. Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed [are] the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”
STUDY: Our passage today describes some end-time events. The Lamb of God is standing with 144,000 people having His Father’s name written on their foreheads. A new song was heard in Heaven that only the 144,000 could learn. These were the redeemed first-fruits to God and the Lamb. Three angels are seen making proclamations, but the third angel warns the people against worshipping the beast and his image and receiving his 666 mark. Spectacular events will happen during the end-times. Satanic activities will increase in the bid to distract and deceive believers.
However, God has warned believers to be watchful against the wiles of the devil and neither worship him, his image nor take his 666 mark. In hard times, only the tough and rugged stand. Are you still holding on to your faith in the midst of difficult times? You need to look unto Jesus the author and Finisher of your faith as you stand firm in the faith. Refuse to be distracted or deceived as you work out your salvation. Resist any challenges of the devil and he will flee (1 Peter 5:9).
PRAYER: Strengthen me, O God, to stand firm in the faith irrespective of what the devil does. Amen.
The Anglican Communion is the fourth-largest Christian denomination. Founded in 1867 in London, England, the communion currently has 85 million members within the Church of England and other national and regional churches in full communion.