TOPIC: GOD IS JUST
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 8:10-17(NKJV)
10. Then I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of holiness, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done. This also [is] vanity.
11. Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
12. Though a sinner does evil a hundred [times,] and his [days] are prolonged, yet I surely know that it will be well with those who fear God, who fear before Him.
13. But it will not be well with the wicked; nor will he prolong [his] days, [which are] as a shadow, because he does not fear before God.
14. There is a vanity which occurs on earth, that there are just [men] to whom it happens according to the work of the wicked; again, there are wicked [men] to whom it happens according to the work of the righteous. I said that this also [is] vanity.
15. So I commended enjoyment, because a man has nothing better under the sun than to eat, drink, and be merry; for this will remain with him in his labor [all] the days of his life which God gives him under the sun.
16. When I applied my heart to know wisdom and to see the business that is done on earth, even though one sees no sleep day or night,
17. then I saw all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun. For though a man labors to discover [it,] yet he will not find [it;] moreover, though a wise [man] attempts to know [it,] he will not be able to find [it.]
Anglican Daily Fountain 9 November 2021 | STUDY:
We live in a generation where men no longer have fear for sin. It is a generation where men comfortably sit in sin without remembering the consequences of their action. Worst still is the fact that the scripture tells us that because the judgement of sin is not executed speedily, men have set their heart to do evil. Today, we have generation where iniquity multiplies by the day: Lesbianism, homosexuality, masturbation, bestiality, kidnap for ransom, ritual- killings, robbery, corruption even among church members- stealing, telling lies, hypocrisy, pride, etc.
The bible says it shall not be well with the wicked and neither shall his days be prolonged because he does not fear God (v.13). There is hope for the righteous, Halleluiah! The word of God says that it shall be well with the righteous – those who fear the Lord and call upon His name out of a pure heart and who abstain from wickedness, sin and unrighteousness. Today, it may seem as if things are not going well with you as a righteous man/woman but remember that the good life is reserved for you and not for the wicked. We must not to be weary in well-doing for in due time, we will reap, if we do not faint (Gal. 6:9). Know that the end of the righteous is peace (Ps. 37:37).
Prayer: Dear Father, thank you because You are just and will certainly reward our confidence in You.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 9 November 2021 | God Is Just