ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DAILY DEVOTIONAL OCTOBER 8, 2021 (NO MORE DELAY)
TOPIC: NO MORE DELAY
TEXT: Revelation 10:1-7(NKJV)
1. I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud. And a rainbow [was] on his head, his face [was] like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire.
2. He had a little book open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea and [his] left [foot] on the land,
3. and cried with a loud voice, as [when] a lion roars. When he cried out, seven thunders uttered their voices.
4. Now when the seven thunders uttered their voices, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Seal up the things which the seven thunders uttered, and do not write them.”
5. The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up his hand to heaven
6. and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer,
7. but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.
Through this mighty angel, God declares in our text today that there is no more delay. Throughout history, God has been dealing with man. Through prophesies, dreams, visions and revelations, He has opened His mouth widely to inform humans to stop sinning against Him by disobeying His commandments; the world has consistently refused.
Finally He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus, to die for the sins of men, so that as many as put their faith in Him, God would forgive their sins and give them eternal life. Many have heeded this call, embraced Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, but more people have bluntly refused this gracious offer of salvation. Instead, they are going from bad to worse (2 Tim. 3:12-13).
Now God is saying, there is no more delay. He would bring judgment upon the sons and daughters of disobedience.
The great and terrible day of the Lord is at hand (Zeph. 1:14-15). He will judge the world and pay everybody according to the evils each has committed(2Cor. 5:10).
Do not delay your repentance- surrender to Jesus that He might bless you, and remove you from here before the great and terrible day of the Lord.
There is no more delay, says the Lord Almighty.
PRAYER: I come to you Lord Jesus just as I am. Please wash and keep me as Your own forever.
Thanks for reading Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional for Friday 8th October 2021.