TOPIC: THE SEALING OF GOD’S SERVANTS
TEXT: Revelation 7:1-8(NKJV)
1. After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree.
2. Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea,
3. saying, “Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.”
4. And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred [and] forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel [were] sealed:
5. of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand [were] sealed;
6. of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand [were] sealed;
7. of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand [were] sealed;
8. of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand [were] sealed; of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand [were] sealed.
Anglican Daily Fountain 30 September 2021 | STUDY:
The book- Revelation – is easily misunderstood and misinterpreted because it contains imageries which are best understood by those to whom it was originally addressed to. However, the book testifies of Jesus and the intents for imminent Christian life and future hope for believers. Our text opens with four angels at the four corners of the earth and a fifth stopping what looks like an imminent scourge upon all earth until the forehead of the servants of God are sealed.
One thing is very clear – God will separate his servants by that seal. In other words, it is possible that the tares and the seed may grow together but a time comes for separation and this will be done by God himself.
Life outside Christ or without Christ as Lord and Saviour is dangerous and deadly (2 Tim. 2:19-22).
Paul emphasized that anyone who is of God will get a seal which demands that we depart from iniquity. To serve God demands purity from the contaminations of sin and the world. God seals us with the Holy Spirit at our salvation and every sealed servant of God is sanctified or set apart for the service of the Master. Every sealed servant of God demonstrates the seal by bearing good fruit.
There is a day of reckoning for all mortals, a day God will judge the actions of every man only sealed servants of Christ who were used by the Master will be safe for all eternity. Have you surrendered your life to the Master to receive the seal of the Holy Spirit? The acceptable time is now. Accept Jesus now, make peace with Him and receive the seal of the Holy Spirit.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I accept You now as my Saviour and Lord forever in Jesus’ Name. Please help me to keep faith and not fail You. Amen.
Thanks for Anglican Daily Fountain 30 September 2021 | The Sealing of God’s Servants