Welcome to Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional for Thursday 25th November 2021. God bless you as you study today. Kindly share with other people.
TOPIC: INCREASING AND ABOUNDING IN LOVE
TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 3:6-13(NKJV)
6. But now that Timothy has come to us from you, and brought us good news of your faith and love, and that you always have good remembrance of us, greatly desiring to see us, as we also [to see] you —
7. therefore, brethren, in all our affliction and distress we were comforted concerning you by your faith.
8. For now we live, if you stand fast in the Lord.
9. For what thanks can we render to God for you, for all the joy with which we rejoice for your sake before our God,
10. night and day praying exceedingly that we may see your face and perfect what is lacking in your faith?
11. Now may our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way to you.
12. And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we [do] to you,
13. so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.
Anglican Daily Fountain Today | STUDY:
In our text today, Timothy reassures Paul of how the church in Thessalonians was not just only standing true to the teachings of the Christian faith, but they were manifesting the distinctive virtue of love. This news was like cold water to Paul’s thirty soul (vv.7-8). Therefore, Paul prayed for the development of a deeper measure of love to grow in them: “May the Lord make you increase and abound in Love.” The model or pattern of their love should be the dimension love of the Apostles: “Just as we do to you” (v.12).
When a church increases and abounds in genuine love towards one another, their love will give birth to true concern towards the needs of one another, particularly the weak, needy and backslidden. The cold attitude towards the work of God will give way to hearts filled with passion, zeal and enthusiasm. Malice, blackmail, acrimony, tribalism and envy will die naturally. Like Paul, we will be spurred into intercession praying exceedingly for one another! We will stand blameless in holiness before our God when Christ comes with all His saints, for love is the fulfilling of the law (Rom. 13:8; James 2:8).
Prayer: Lord. help Your Church to increase and abound more and more in Love.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain | Increasing and Abounding In Love