ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 19, 2022 (SIGNS AND WONDERS)
The Topic of Daily Fountain Devotional for 19th February 2022 Is ”Signs And Wonders”
Read: John 4:43-54(NKJV)
43. Now after the two days He departed from there and went to Galilee.
44. For Jesus Himself testified that a prophet has no honor in his own country.
45. So when He came to Galilee, the Galileans received Him, having seen all the things He did in Jerusalem at the feast; for they also had gone to the feast.
46. So Jesus came again to Cana of Galilee where He had made the water wine. And there was a certain nobleman whose son was sick at Capernaum.
47. When he heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee, he went to Him and implored Him to come down and heal his son, for he was at the point of death.
48. Then Jesus said to him, “Unless you [people] see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe.”
49. The nobleman said to Him, “Sir, come down before my child dies!”
50. Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your son lives.” So the man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him, and he went his way.
51. And as he was now going down, his servants met him and told [him,] saying, “Your son lives!”
52. Then he inquired of them the hour when he got better. And they said to him, “Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him.”
53. So the father knew that [it was] at the same hour in which Jesus said to him, “Your son lives.” And he himself believed, and his whole household.
54. This again [is] the second sign Jesus did when He had come out of Judea into Galilee.
ANGLICAN COMMUNION DEVOTIONAL OUTLINE FOR 19TH FEBRUARY 2022.
The first miracle of Jesus of turning water to wine at Cana of Galilee announced His supernatural power (John 2:1-11; 4:46). With the Knowledge of what Jesus had done and what He could do, a certain noble man whose son was sick at Capernaum sought for Him at a time of desperate need. For somebody at the point of death, (v.47), Jesus said to the man, “Go your way, your son lives.” The man believed Jesus’ word and went his way (v.50). Of course, his son was healed!
The problem many have is unbelief. Many times, some try to rationalise if it could be possible. We were preaching in a city and a lady with a withered hand was present. When a call was made for people to surrender their lives to Christ, it was noticed that while others were coming out, the woman stayed back. Later, when we asked for those that needed miracles, she was the first to come out. Jesus healed her and restored her withered hand. It was then that she gave her life to Christ. True signs and wonders prepare people’s heart to believe the Gospel. The Covid-19 pandemic was a leveler to people of all races. Technology, wisdom of men and money has offered no lasting help. It is only the supernatural power of God that can solve this problem permanently. Let us all turn to God today for a quick solution.
PRAYER: My Lord God, let your signs and wonders follow me as I believe in you.