Topic: The Reward of Persistence
Lord, let the light of your word shine into my life as I meditate on your word.
Scripture: Matthew 20:29-34
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any prayer for me to remember?
Notice the reaction of the crowd to these unfortunate disabled men and their response (v.31). In many countries of Africa and other developing nations, disabled citizens are often neglected and denied their rights. In fact, they may be treated as if they are less than human. Jesus cares for the disabled, the sick and the poor. He devoted a lot of His ministry to healing the sick and the disabled.
The two blind men saw their chance of being healed by the Lord Jesus and held on to it persistently. They were defiant. They had already shown their belief in Jesus as the Messiah by acknowledging Him as “Son of David” (vs.30-31) even before they encountered Him.
The result: having received their sight, they followed Jesus (v.34). When we have a need, we should bring it to this Lord of love and compassion, persist in prayers with faith like the blind men and He will answer you. He delights to show mercy to people in need. He is the answer to all our problems.
• And so: Those who had eyes failed to see Jesus in their hearts while these blind people saw Him in their hearts and later, physically, and followed Him (v.34, Life Application Bible).
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Pray for the needy people you know, that they may not be hindered from coming to the Lord. • Pray for yourself to be a faithful steward of time, talents, gifts, resources, power and influence God has entrusted to you.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Psalm 3:8; Psalms 7-9; Acts 10:1-23
Scripture Union Daily Guide 13th July 2021. Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God