DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 19, 2022 (SATAN’S POWER IS LIMITED)
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 19th February 2022 Is “SATAN’S POWER IS LIMITED “
Text: Exodus 9:1-12
1. Then the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.
2. For if thou refuse to let them go, and wilt hold them still,
3. Behold, the hand of the LORD is upon thy cattle which is in the field, upon the horses, upon the asses, upon the camels, upon the oxen, and upon the sheep; there shall be a very grievous murrain.
4. And the LORD shall sever between the cattle of Israel and the cattle of Egypt; and there shall nothing die of all that is the children’s of Israel.
5. And the LORD appointed a set time, saying, To morrow the LORD shall do this thing in the land.
6. And the LORD did that thing on the morrow, and all the cattle of Egypt died; but of the cattle of the children of Israel died not one.
7. And Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the cattle of the Israelites dead. And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he did not let the people go.
8. And the LORD said unto Moses and unto Aaron, Take to you handfuls of ashes of the furnace, and let Moses sprinkle it toward the heaven in the sight of Pharaoh.
9. And it shall become small dust in all the land of Egypt, and shall be a boil breaking forth with blains upon man, and upon beast, throughout all the land of Egypt.
10. And they took ashes of the furnace, and stood before Pharaoh; and Moses sprinkled it up toward heaven; and it became a boil breaking forth with blains upon man, and upon beast.
11. And the magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils; for the boil was upon the magicians, and upon all the Egyptians.
KEY VERSE: Exodus 9:11
“And the magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils; for the boil was upon the magicians, and upon all the Egyptians.”
Click here to read yesterday teaching by Pastor Kumuyi
DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY
As Brother Edward passed through the market to buy some household items, he heard excited noise of some people who gathered around a snake charmer with a huge snake in display. The charmer was issuing instructions to the snake and it was obeying to the delight of the crowd. But something happened as soon as Edward, a believer, drew near. The snake suddenly fell to the ground and laid motionless. The charmer tried to put it back to action to no avail.
Our discussion centres on two plagues – the murrain upon livestock and boils upon all Egyptians including the magicians who could not heal themselves or stand before Moses. Satan’s power is limited. The magicians, at the beginning, tried to mimic God’s miracles through Moses by making their rods turn to serpents and by turning water to blood. They soon discovered their magical powers were no match for the power of God.
Now, with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ by which He “spoiled principalities and powers”, the dominion of Satan over believers has been shattered. Today, “the devils are subject unto us through [His] name” (Luke 10:17). Knowing and living with the knowledge that “we are of God… and that greater is he that is in [us] than he that is in the world”, is a liberating force.
Believers have been given authority and dominion over all the powers of darkness. There is nothing to fear about Satan and his agents, because at the name of Jesus every knee must bow – of things in heaven and of things on earth and of things under the earth. You are more than a conqueror through Christ.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
A believer has Christ’s unlimited power.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…