DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 12, 2022 (INTERCESSORS WANTED)
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 12th February 2022 Is “Intercessors Wnted“
Text: Exodus 8:25-31
25. And Pharaoh called for Moses and for Aaron, and said, Go ye, sacrifice to your God in the land.
26. And Moses said, It is not meet so to do; for we shall sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians to the LORD our God; lo, shall we sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians before their eyes, and will they not stone us?
27. We will go three days’ journey into the wilderness, and sacrifice to the LORD our God, as he shall command us.
28. And Pharaoh said, I will let you go, that ye may sacrifice to the LORD your God in the wilderness; only ye shall not go very far away; intreat for me.
29. And Moses said, Behold, I go out from thee, and I will intreat the LORD that the swarms of flies may depart from Pharaoh, from his servants, and from his people, to morrow; but let not Pharaoh deal deceitfully any more in not letting the people go to sacrifice to the LORD.
30. And Moses went out from Pharaoh, and intreated the LORD.
31. And the LORD did according to the word of Moses; and he removed the swarms of flies from Pharaoh, from his servants, and from his people; there remained not one.
KEY VERSE: Exodus 8:29,30
“And Moses said, Behold, I go out from thee, and I will intreat the LORD that the swarms of flies may depart from Pharaoh, from his servants, and from his people, to morrow: but let not Pharaoh deal deceitfully any more in not letting the people go to sacrifice to the LORD. And Moses went out from Pharaoh, and intreated the LORD.”
DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY
One of the greatest privileges believers enjoy is the unrestrained access to the presence of God, the Creator of the universe, through prayer.
In his hour of distress, Pharaoh emotionally implored Moses to intercede for him to the Lord as he had no access to the God of Israel and he was at the receiving end. God heard the prayers of Moses and removed the swarms of flies, one of the ten plagues sent to make him accede to the request to allow Israel leave Egypt.
Intercessory prayer, as in the case above, has stayed plagues, healed diseases, raised the dead and saved sinners. Trouble and perplexity drive people to prayer and prayer drives away perplexities and troubles. Our world is full of troubles and perplexities such as famine, diseases, pandemics, economic downturns, disasters, civil unrest, unemployment, killings, kidnappings and banditry, just to name a few. There are also personal troubles and perplexities such as barrenness, sicknesses, failures and spiritual dryness. Intercessory prayers move the hand that moves the world and changes situations. God seeks intercessors who will plead for an end to these troubles and perplexities (Ezekiel 22:30).
God delivered the Jews from premature death and destruction when Esther interceded. How often do you pray and intercede for your nation, leaders, local church, family, neighbours or even those who make themselves your enemies? Intercessors are in high demand today. You can start now and witness the impact of a sincere and passionate intercession for the world.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Intercessors count so much before God and men.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…